Wednesday 8 February 2012

Met Police Chief Superintendent Interview


Within our interview we wanted to get both sides of the riots so as well as shopkeepers we wanted a member of the forces. After ringing up New Scotland Yard we were given the name of Nicky Healy to contact.

Nicky was our contact point and was very helpful in arranging an interview with the Chief Superintendent Adrian Roberts. Once I had conducted and filmed the interview with him I then had to sign a legal document to say that the final project I create will not be shared on any social media websites and that it will only be seen by my group and teacher then finally the exam board. The report on the riots is due to be released in the coming weeks and this is quite a political topic which the police haven't done any interviews on. The questions I've asked question how the police dealt with the riots etc. which is covered in the report so for this reason also I was asked to sign.

Here is the document:




Upon entering New Scotland Yard I received a guest pass for security so I have scanned that in to document that fact that I travelled up to Westminister to conduct the interview:


Whilst at New Scotland Yard with the Chief Superintendent and Nicky, I met Chief Inspector Graham Dean who was the first man (of considerable status) on the scene when the riots in Tottenham kicked off and he offered to do an interview as well and said to get in touch with Nicky about it in the coming weeks which I will follow up, as this will give us a first hand account of the riots.

No comments:

Post a Comment